Sunday, June 24, 2007

Friday Feature: Apple Help Desk.

Q: I have a MacBook that seems to be having battery issues.  The battery runs out in about an hour, and sometimes it'll report 50% full, then go into sleep mode with a dead batttery.  Is there anything I can do besides shelling out for a new battery?

A:  There's a number of things you can do.  First off, recalibrate your battery by charging it to 100%, then letting it drain until it goes into Safe Sleep.  Turn off the MacBook, plug it into the charger, then let it charge to 100% again.  If that doesn't work, try resetting the SMC controller by turning off the MacBook, removing the battery, and holding down the power switch for 5 seconds.  Then replace the battery and turn the MacBook back on.

Q:  So... that's it?  

A: Yeah. Simple, huh?

Q:  Well, it's not that.  I mean, I could have gotten that info off the Applecare support site.  It's just, you know...

A: What?

Q:  I thought you were going to be funny.

A:  Funny? Why? I'm just trying to help you fix a Mac, that's all. 

Q:  Oh, I mean, I appreciate it, but... I don't know...

A:  Whatever.  I can't just solve your computer problems.  Now I have to be funny while I do it.

Q:  No. No.  I mean...

A:  Just get out of here.  I can't even look at you anymore.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm.

Uh...

Hmm.

Jason Scott Hoffman said...

I didn't do it.

Anonymous said...

Geezus John,

Aren't you enough of a glutton for punishment putting up with our crap over on CARS? Oh wait, this is the FAKE John Moltz blog...

...

Never mind then.

Not Paul said...

I'm confused.

mark said...

Hey! Write some more. I like you.